Happy Hogs Caterers – Happy Hogs Catering, Blackwood Pig Farm, North Duffield, York, YO8 5DB. Force Majeure – Any mechanical breakdown, flood, fire, storm, tempest, act of war, terrorism, Government restriction or act of God which may cause the hirer’s premises to be inaccessible or closed temporarily or otherwise or the function to be interrupted or the supply or movement of meat to be restricted or prohibited. Hirer/Client – The organisation and/or the individual in whose name the booking is made.
Bookings & Payments
1. All quotations are valid for 14 days. Outside of this prices may change.
2. A deposit of £150.00 or 10% whichever is greater (as detailed) must be paid at the time of the booking or within 7 working days to confirm your date along with a hand signed booking form returned to Happy Hogs Catering or the date will be released. All Bookings are taken on a first come first served basis and are only confirmed by a deposit and signed booking form being received within 7 days of confirming a booking.
3. The booking form that the client signs is a legally binding contract and must be adhered to, by signing the booking form it is assumed that you/the client have read, understood and agree to our terms and conditions of service.
4. Guest numbers and serve times can be changed up to one month prior to the event date, after this time the client may incur additional charges to accommodate the changes. For example if numbers decrease the client is liable for an increase in costs, as quotes given are based on the numbers given at the time of booking.
Any increase in your guest number will result in an additional charge to cover the cost of the additional food supplied, service and admin costs.
5. Invoices; full cleared payment can be made at any time and must be made in full no less than 14 days prior to the event, failure to pay in full may result in your event being cancelled and full payment and associated incurred costs being recovered via a debt collection agency, which may incur further costs associated to this.
6. Prices are based on portion per head and decreases with increased guest numbers and increases with decreased guest’s numbers. The more guests the smaller per head/portion price.
7. We will provide the client with the services stated in ‘the’ contract only on the day of your event; additional services can be added up to 14 days prior to your event at an additional cost.
8. We do not store or have access to customer payment details that have been made through our PayPal payment system.
9. We understand and will exercise our statutory right to interest under the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 if we are not paid according to our agreed terms and conditions.
10 To secure a booking the client must pay a non-refundable deposit, if the booking is cancelled by the client this deposit will not be refunded. 11. Cancellations should be made by telephone and confirmed in writing and will be effective on the date received by Happy Hogs Catering.
12. In the event that the hirer cancels the booking, the following cancellation charges will apply:
13. We require close parking for a Transit size vehicle and easy level access of 31inches wide to include gates and door ways to your preferred serving location for equipment.
14. Our staff for health and safety cannot lift our hog roast ovens/equipment over garden walls, up or down flights of stairs, however one or two steps is acceptable.
15. Access needs to be clear as we will not move away any of your personal items or furniture etc.
16. Our insurance does not cover clients to lift our machines/equipment for health and safety.
17. Our staff cannot work in unsafe conditions to inclement weather.
18. Abusive and threatening behaviour towards our staff at your event will not be tolerated under any circumstances and could result in us; contacting the police, leaving your event with no refund and legal action being taken.
19. All children are classed as a portion.
20. We reserve the right to amend the contract at any time for increases in meat prices.
21. Any damages to our equipment caused by the client or guests will need to be paid for no later than 7 days after the event
22. Happy Hogs Catering cannot be held responsible for events outside of our control Force Majeure which results in the failure to provide services for ‘said’ event.
23. We bring gazebo shelters to events; however they are only suitable for fine weather and sheltered locations and not as protection from wind and heavy rain. 24.We operate a 1 to 2hr serve time (in line with EHO guidelines) which is set out in the booking form/contract. If service commences later than agreed we cannot be held responsible for any detrimental effect that this may subsequently have on the food being supplied. In addition to the invoiced amount further charges, which should be paid within 7 days of the event, may be levied for additional staffing time incurred or time can be deducted from the serve period.
25.No food can be left out for more than two hours in line with EHO guidelines and should after this be disposed of. If ‘the client’ wishes to keep any food leftover after service has finished it is wholly the clients’ responsibility for the storage, safety and should provide a suitable food containers etc. for this.